SOLCOM legal disclaimer
Data protection statement - SOLCOM GmbH, Schuckertstr. 1 in 72766 Reutlingen (as at 05/2018)
SOLCOM GmbH is conscious of the trust you place in us. Which is why we want to explain to you here in detail how we handle your personal data. We are especially keen to tell you what data we collect when you visit and / or use our online presence and online services, and what specific use is made of it. The following data protection statement also applies where we have obtained your personal data by other means (e.g. via e-mail or an unsolicited application). We employ various techniques on our website to improve user-friendliness, effectiveness and security. This may result in data being collected by us or by a third parties employed and appointed by us (technical service providers).
As our web offering and the underlying technologies are constantly being enhanced, this may also require changes to our data protection statement. All future changes will be notified on this website.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We process personal data in accordance with the data protection regulations of the country in which SOLCOM GmbH, as the body responsible for the data processing, has its head office.
We abide by the relevant statutory provisions of the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Telemedia Act (TMG), the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO-GDPR), and all the relevant statutory data protection enabling powers to ensure your personal data is fully protected.
On the one hand we, SOLCOM GmbH, represented by executive directors Dr. Martin Schäfer and Oliver Koch, Schuckertstr. 1, 72766 Reutlingen (Tel.: +49 (0) 7121 / 1277 – 0, Fax: +49 (0) 7121 / 1277 – 490), as the provider of this online presence, are the responsible body / controller, within the meaning of section 3 (7) BDSG / Art.4(7) GDPR, while also being service providers within the meaning of section 12 et seq in conjunction with section 2(1) TMG.
Restriction in the scope of this data protection statement regarding visits to our website
Our data protection declaration applies solely to our own content, held on our servers. Any links to third-party websites in our offerings are expressly not included in this statement.
Collection of personal data in the event of informational use
In the event of the website being used purely for informational purposes, namely if you do not log in or register to use the website, or impart any other information to us, we do not collect any personal data, except for data communicated by your browser to enable you to visit the website.
The data in question is:
- Request date and time
- Duration of your visit
- Time zone difference relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content requested (specific page)
- Access status / http status code
- Website & provider from which the request emanates
- Operating system
- Browser software language and version
We store device-related data for reasons including the compilation of usage statistics and to identify and trace inadmissible attempts to access our web servers. We only create anonymised profiles of the use of our websites, and solely for improving user navigation and optimising our offerings and services. The aforementioned information is not used to create or process any personal behavioural profiles.
Collection of personal data when using features on our website, e.g. project portal
- In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we offer various services for you to use should you be interested. These typically require the provision of additional personal data which we use to deliver the service in question.
- Personal data such as your e-mail address or postal address are only stored if you provide us with it of your own accord, for example in the context of a registration, a survey, an application, or to perform a contract (direct survey principle).
- If you use our project portal we shall store such of your personal data as we require to perform the contract.
- The connection is encrypted using SSL technology to prevent unauthorised third-party access to your personal data.
In addition, we use the data which you directly provide essentially for the following areas:
- We use your personal data for correspondence, including making contact for joint projects.
- We occasionally use your address data to inform you about our products and services and new developments, or to make electronic or telephone contact with you in connection with a customer/project partner satisfaction survey.
- Furthermore, if you use our facilities to provide us with a profile/CV then you are thereby also providing us with personal data which we will use in accordance with this statement to create our own profile of you, held with us. As we publish your professional background exactly as you send it to us, your submission must not contain any sensitive information concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, philosophical or religious opinions, membership of trade unions or political parties, physical or mental health or genetic predisposition, addictions, sex life, commission of criminal offences or prosecutions and the associated sentences or fines, social security number or national identification number. Should however your profile contain such information, then you also consent to us potentially storing this information and using it in accordance with this statement. Please also note that if you pass us details of a referee, then it is your responsibility to ensure that the person concerned is aware that you have forwarded her/his personal data and that he/she has consented to this in writing.
- If you use our services for business purposes, e.g. to acquire new projects, the provision of personal data is essential. Without the provision of this data, no matching is possible with our clients’ requirements profile and therefore unfortunately no presentation to the client.
Disclosure to third parties
- To facilitate these aims your data may be exchanged with third parties who are involved for assignment handling and enquiry processing purposes. We may in the process make your information accessible to third parties who are helping us to provide you with our services. Examples of this would be third parties employed to administer our web servers and analyse data, and who may become aware of your data in the process.
- Should you provide us with personal data with a view to a possible future collaboration and/or making contact, we shall be entitled to divulge this data to affiliated companies. The affiliated companies in question are SOLCOM Holding GmbH. Personal data is also disclosed to such third parties as acquire all or a substantial part of SOLCOM’s business, in whatever form.
- We also pass your anonymised data to potential clients if you express interest in a project and if your qualification profile matches the client’s requirements profile.
- in all other cases we pass your personal data to third parties if obliged to do so by mandatory statutory regulations, you yourself decide this, have consented to the disclosure or if the data has been anonymised or pseudonymised beforehand.
- no personal data shall be disclosed to third parties whose head office is in a third country without your consent.
Contract data processing
We shall be entitled to hire third party providers to undertake the systemic processing of personal data. In this case processing shall occur solely on our instruction and only for the specified purposes while abiding by data protection requirements.
The processing of personal data is subject in particular to sections 4, 28 et seq BDSG, Art. 6 GDPR and sections 11, 23 TMG.
In using our website and / or submitting your personal data by other channels (e.g. by e-mail) you are consenting to the storage and use of your data as described. By submitting your personal data you are giving your consent to the processing of the data, as described, and its use, including its disclosure to third parties. If you provide us with personal data relating to third parties (e.g. their employees) it shall be incumbent on you to ensure that the affected parties have given their consent to the disclosure and processing of personal data.
You may revoke the use or disclosure of your personal data at any time and with future effect, for example by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration of data storage
The duration for which your personal data is stored depends on the extent of the collaboration.
If you are just visiting our homepage, none of your personal data will be stored.
Should you provide us with application documents for a permanent position with SOLCOM GmbH, your personal data shall be held for processing purposes and deleted after 6 months in the absence of any other legal basis for storing your personal data.
Should you be interested in future projects and provide us with personal data as a consequence, e.g. in the form of a CV, we shall store your data until such times as you revoke your consent.
In the event of collaboration, data shall be stored even after the collaboration has ended in order to comply with statutory retention periods and disclosure obligations and for the purpose of collaboration on future projects. Should you not wish to be contacted for future projects, please send us an e-mail to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
- If you register for our complimentary newsletter, we shall keep you regularly informed of current trends, market studies, surveys and projects.
- We operate the so-called double-opt-in procedure for registration for our newsletter. That means that after you have notified your e-mail address we send you a confirmation e-mail in which we ask you to confirm that you want the newsletter to be sent. Your registration is completed by clicking on the confirmation link. You will then receive our newsletter at the e-mail address you have notified until you cancel the newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, then you can cancel at any time by means of the appropriate link or via the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The only obligatory items of information required for sending the newsletter are your e-mail address, name and salutation.
Dispatch of information and advertising material
If you request information and / or advertising material, the dispatch by post requires that you provide us with additional personal data. In addition to salutation, name and e-mail address (for order confirmation) this also includes includes the postal address and department to which we are authorised to send the information and/or advertising material.
- SOLCOM takes conscientious precautions to protect your personal data, managed by us, against manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are constantly being improved in line with technological developments.
- Our employees are required by the German Data Protection Act to maintain data secrecy and confidentiality.
- If you so wish, you can use your web browser to prevent any cookies from being stored or else opt to be prompted whether you wish to store them or not. Rejecting cookies may however result in certain pages not being correctly displayed.
- transient cookies (temporary use)
- persistent cookies (limited duration use)
- Cookie data is not combined with your other data.
- This website uses features of the Google Analytics web analysis service. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files stored on your computer, which enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is typically transferred to and stored on a Google server in the USA. Google Analytics cookies are stored in accordance with Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user behaviour in order to optimise both his web offering and his advertising.
- We have activated the IP anonymisation function on this website. This means that within European Union member states or in other signatory states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area, Google abbreviates your IP address before it is transferred to the USA. Only in exceptional circumstances will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. Google will use this information on this website operator’s behalf to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activities and provide the website operator with additional website and Internet use-related services. The IP address transferred by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
- You can prevent cookies from being stored by means of an appropriate setting in your browser software; however, we draw your attention to the fact that in this case, you may not be able to use all of this website’s features in full. You can also prevent the data relating to your use of the website generated by the cookie (incl. your IP address) from being captured and passed to Google, and also prevent this data from being processed by Google, by downloading and installing the available browser plug-in from the following link. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
You can prevent your data being captured by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This sets an opt-out cookie preventing your data from being captured when visiting this website in future: Deactivate Google Analytics.
You will find more information on how Google Analytics handles user data in Google’s data protection statement: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de.
- We have concluded a contract data processing contract with Google and fully implement the German data protection authorities’ rigorous requirements when using Google Analytics.
- We use an API to provide the Google Maps mapping service on this website. The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Maps is used in the interests of an attractive representation of our online offerings and to make it easy to find the locations mentioned on our website. We can also display interactive maps for you directly within the website for your convenience when using the mapping function.
- Use of the Google Maps functionality requires your IP address to be stored. This information is typically transferred to a Google server in the USA,where it is stored. SOLCOM has no influence over this data transmission. Google also receives the information that you have called the relevant sub page of our website. This happens, irrespective of whether Google provides a user account you have used to log in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged onto Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your Google profile, you need to log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles which it uses for advertising, market research and/or the design of its website to suit requirements. This analysis is performed in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide contextually appropriate advertising and in order to let other social network users know about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, but must contact Google to exercise this right.
- You can find additional information on the scope and purpose for which data is collected and processed by the plug-in provider in the provider’s data protection statements. This is also where you will find additional information on your rights and settings options to protect your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has agreed to be bound by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Google Web Fonts
In order to present our content correctly and with visually appealing graphics, we use script and font libraries on this website, such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts/). To avoid a more general transfer of data to Google, these libraries are only used locally. This means that the Web Fonts used are only called via SOLCOM’s servers. SOLCOM has used data-minimising default settings to block any connection with Google servers.
Embedding of YouTube videos
- We have embedded YouTube videos held at http://www.YouTube.com into our online offering. These videos can be played directly from our website. [All of them are embedded in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as a user is passed to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only if you play the videos is the data identified in paragraph 2 transferred. We have no influence over this data transfer.]
- By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have called the relevant sub page of our website. The data identified in (4) of this statement is also transferred. This happens irrespective of whether YouTube provides a user account you have used to log in, or whether no user account exists. If you are logged onto Google your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your data to be assigned to your YouTube profile you need to log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles which it uses for advertising, market research and/or the design of its website to suit requirements. This analysis is performed in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide contextually appropriate advertising and in order to let other social network users know about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, but must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- You can find additional information on the scope and purpose for which data is collected and processed by YouTube in the data protection statement. This is also where you will find additional information on your rights and settings options to protect your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has agreed to be bound by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
converify.de in connection with adnet.de as technical service provider
On this webpage functions of converify.de and adnet.de are incorporated, which allow us to constantly improve your shopping experience and to make it more customer-friendly and individual.
To offer you the service to get the right offer at the right moment, converify.de and adnet.de are placing so-called Cookies.
Those Cookies are Session-Cookies, which are deleted automatically once you close your internet browser, as well as other automatized Cookies, which are deleted after a defined period of time, depending on the type of Cookie.
Subscription to comments/RSS feed
We offer you the opportunity on our website to sign up to follow comments on an article on which you are in the process of writing a comment yourself. If you opt for this facility, you will receive a confirmation e-mail to check that you actually are the owner of the specified e-mail address. The decision to sign up for comment strings such as these can be revoked at any time. You will find relevant details in the confirmation e-mail. The data acquired in this way is not divulged to third parties. Nor is the data collected in this way matched with any data that might be collected by other of our web page components.
Use of social media buttons with “share link”
We use “share link” on our website. “share link” replaces the normal social network share buttons, thereby protecting surfing behaviour.
“share link” embeds these social network share buttons in our web page purely as a graphic containing a link to the social network in question. Clicking on the graphic redirects you to the relevant network’s services. The “share link” button only establishes direct contact between the social network and our visitors when the visitor actively clicks on the share button. Only then is your data passed to the social network in question. If on the other hand, the “share link” button is not clicked on then no exchange takes place between you and the social networks.
We use “share link” to embed the following social networks in our website:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has agreed to be bound by the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has agreed to be bound by the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has agreed to be bound by the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has agreed to be bound by the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
You may demand information about what personal data is held on you at any time, as well as the purpose for which data is processed, and how it is used. We will be happy to inform you about your statutory entitlement to information, blocking, deletion and rectification of the data that is held on you. Please send an e-mail requesting this information to the following address: email@example.com.
Amendment or rectification of your data
If you want your personal data to be corrected or deleted, please send an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data protection officer
Our data protection officer, Mr Peter Miller, can be contacted at email@example.com.
Right to lodge a complaint
You shall also be entitled to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The relevant supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commissioner for the State of Baden-Württemberg, PO box 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart.
- Print page
- To top